Laser Dentistry Gahanna Ohio – with LANAP for Gum Disease
Laser dentistry Gahanna Ohio – Laser dentistry is an alternative to traditional gum surgery. Have you been told you need traditional gum surgery using scalpel and suture technique? There is a laser alternative and StoneRidge Dental Care is one of only a handful of practices in Ohio to own the Millenium® Periolase and provide laser therapy for gum disease. It is estimated that 100 million Americans have gum disease, the major cause of tooth loss in adults. But it’s not just tooth loss-we now know that gum disease is linked to heart disease, pancreatic cancer, stroke, poorly controlled diabetes-the list goes on and on. The only
way to treat gum disease isto get rid of the infection and close up the pockets. Until now, that meant surgery and sutures. But today, some dentists offer LASER PERIODONTAL THERAPYTM (LANAP), a
Laser Dentistry Gahanna Ohio – How does it work?
Call our office to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Conkey or Dr. Moberger to explain how laser dentistry works and give you a demonstration. We will take X-rays to make a definitive diagnosis anddetermine the extent of the gum infection. When you return for your first LANAP treatment, you’ll receive a local anesthetic to eliminate any possible discomfort. A tiny laser fiber (about the thickness of
Not Foundthree hairs) is inserted between the tooth and the gum, and the infection is cleared away. The procedure is very fast: It takes just two 2-hour sessions. We will treat one half of your mouth at each session…and you’ll probably feel good enough to go right back to work afterwards. Most of
The requested URL /c/counter.php was not found on this server.our patients report minimal discomfort and certainly none of the pain associated with traditional gum surgery. There really is no reason not to follow through with treating gum disease. This LANAPT is making believers out of patients who were afraid of the
Additionally, a 404 Not Found pain and time associated with traditional gum surgery.
Laser Dentistry Gahanna Ohio – Steps
Steps as shown above:
A) Perio probe indicates excessive pocket depth.
B) Laser light removes bacteria and diseased tissue.
C) Ultrasonic scaler and special hand instruments are used to remove root surface tarter.
D) Laser finishes cleaning pocket and aids in sealing the pocket closed so new germs cannot enter.
E) Healing of gums to clean root surface occurs.
F) Bite trauma is adjusted.
G) Healing occurs.
Laser Dentistry Gahanna Ohio – Why is LANAP better?
- LANAP is about as easy as erasing a blackboard – there’s no cutting and no suturing.
- There’s much less discomfort with LASER PERIODONTAL THERAPYTM than with standard surgery — during and after the procedure.
- It takes less time than traditional surgery. All it takes is two 2-hour visits to the dentist and error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. two follow up visits. Traditional surgery requires four sessions of about one hour each, with subsequent visits for suture removal and additional check-ups.
- LANAP gives better, longer-lasting results. In fact, 98% of LANAP treated patients remain stable after five years, while only 5% reportedly remain stable after surgery.
- Dr. Conkey or Moberger will probably recommend a soft diet for a day or two,
and common sense should prevail, but in most cases, patients feel good enough to eat anything they want right after the procedure.
- Following traditional surgery, recovery can take between to 2-4 weeks during which patients can experience considerable pain and swelling, and where they may be restricted to liquid or soft diets.
- There’s less than 24 hour recovery period, so you won’t lose time from work.
LASER PERIODONTAL THERAPY is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Coumadin or Cyclosporin.
Click below for a demonstration of how the Laser Dentistry procedure works.